MASTERLIST OF SPANISH SLANG TERMS ~
This is based of this other wonderful masterlist based on French slang terms. There aren't many people out there who rp characters that are Spanish or have Spanish background; but this masterlist is essentially in case someone would want to roleplay those kinds of characters or have their character be learning Spanish. Or maybe you just want to learn some Spanish slang, it's all cool. I'm Spanish myself so I'd say I have a pretty good idea of this. Also reminder that Spanish slang (as in from Spain) may have nothing to do with the Spanish you'd find in places from Latin America since they have different cultures and even words. Anyways, here we go:
- 'Hola' - Hi / hello.
- 'Buenos días' - Good morning.
- 'Buenas tardes' - Good afternoon.
- 'Buenas noches' - Good night.
- '¿Qué tal?' - How are you?
- 'Vale / De acuerdo' - Agreement.
- 'Dios mío' - (Oh) my God.
- 'Genial' - Cool.
- 'Increíble' - Awesome.
- '¿Qué?' - What?
- '¿Por qué?' - Why?
- '¿Estás seguro?' - Are you sure?
- 'Vaya disparate' - That’s nonsense.
- '¡Para!' - Stop!
- '¡¿Qué haces?!' - What are you doing?!
- 'Adiós' - Goodbye / Bye.
- 'Ten cuidado' - Be careful.
- 'Cuídate' - Take care.
SLANG AND ABREVIATURES YOU'D USE
- 'Chaval' - Dude. / 'ese tío/chaval' - That dude.
- 'Chavala' - Chick. / ‘esa tía/chavala’ - That chick.
- 'Morir de risa' - Dying of laughter.
- ‘Mearse de risa’ - Pissing of laughter.
- 'Poli(cía)' - Police / Cops.
- 'Insti(tuto)' - High school.
- 'Uni(versidad)' - University
- 'No tengo pasta' - I’ve got no money.
- 'Un madero' - A police man / A cop.
- 'Niñato / Niñata' - Bratty kid.
- 'Q / K / Qe / Ke' (Que) - What.
- 'X' (Por) - So?
ROMANTIC THINGS AND STUFF
- 'Te amo' - I love you.
- 'Te quiero' - * There’s no word in English to translate this since it’d be said as I love you too but ‘Te quiero’ would mean less than ‘Te amo’.
- 'Te adoro / Me encantas' - I adore you.
- 'Te quiero a ti / Te deseo' - I want you / I desire you.
- 'Mi amor' - My love.
- 'Amor' - Love.
- 'Mi niña' - My baby girl.
- 'Mi niño' - My baby boy.
- 'Cariño' - Honey / Love / Dear / Baby / Babe.
- 'Preciosa / Guapa' - Beautiful.
- 'Precioso / Guapo' - Handsome.
- '(Mi) Princesa' - (My) Princess.
- '(Mi) Principe' - (My) Prince.
- '(MI) Reina' - (My) Queen.
- '(Mi) Rey' - (My) King.
- 'Novio' - Boyfriend.
- 'Novia' - Girlfriend.
- 'Prometido' - Fiance.
- 'Prometida' - Fiancée.
- 'Marido / Esposo' - Husband.
- 'Mujer / Esposa' - Wife.
- 'Mi pareja' - My partner (unisex).
INSULTING AND CURSING
- '¡Idiota!' - Idiot!
- 'Estúpido' - Stupid. (male) / ‘Estúpida’ - Stupid (female).
- 'Mierda' - Shit.
- 'Tonto / Tonta' - Dumb.
- 'Tonto/Tonta del culo' - Dumbass.
- 'Gilipollas' - You dick / jerk / idiot / asshole.
- 'Joder' - Fuck.
- 'Que te jodan / que te follen' - Fuck you.
- 'Puta / guarra / zorra' - Bitch.
- 'Friki' - Freak.
- 'Subnormal / Anormal' - There’s no direct words in English but it’d be like calling someone even more dumb than dumb itself.
- 'Me cago en Dios' - No words for this in English but translated literally would be shitting on God. So the closest translation as swearing would be fucking God.
- 'Me cago en todo' - As I said above, literal translation would be shitting on everything. But the closest translation as swearing would be fuck everything.
- 'Puta mierda' - Fucking shit.
- Add 'de mierda' to whatever you think is crappy or shitty. Like for example: Shitty food = ‘Comida de mierda’.
These would be most principal ones but there are more, actually. If you have any doubts you can come to askbox and I'll most definitely answer you.